The City’s Community Awards program celebrates the people, civic groups and programs that help make UA what it is. You would think that after more than two decades, we might run low on worthy candidates, but the richness of UA’s community spirit is deep and each year we receive new and worthy nominations.
The City is now accepting nominations for the 2019 Community Awards Program, and we ask you to take a moment to reflect on the individuals and groups that you know who stood out for their good deeds in 2019, and to nominate them for one of our awards.
The 2019 Community Awards will be presented for the following categories:
- Business – recognizes an Upper Arlington business that is actively involved in the community through support and participation in community service projects, providing financial or in-kind support for various causes or events, or bringing other benefits to the community.
- Community Enrichment – presented to an individual or group that has spearheaded or is involved in a project or program that enhances the City’s quality of life through the arts, education, recreation, cultural diversity or enhancement of the natural environment.
- Community Safety – celebrates an individual or group involved in programming to raise awareness of or improve the overall health and safety of members of the community, or for a significant one-time act to help others in the community during a moment of need.
- Senior – awarded to an individual who is actively involved in his/her community through volunteer service, taking a leadership or participatory role in community programs.
- Youth Award – presented to a youth individual or group actively involved in volunteer service, or the participation in and development of community programs to benefit others.
The deadline for submitting nominations is Monday, January 6, 2020. The 2019 Community Award recipients will be announced at the 2020 State of the City Address, scheduled for Monday, January 27. Click here for additional details and to complete your nomination today.