Contact an Advocate Program
Contact an Advocate is an additional resource available for individuals that may need contact with an advocate to assist with concerns about domestic violence or similar crimes. This is an information/referral service designed to assist domestic violence victims and other victims of crime and provides an additional option for communicating with a victim advocate.
Text 614-398-1540 or send an email to email@example.com to reach out to the City’s victim advocate so that you may be guided to the appropriate resources. You should expect a response within 48 hours or the next business day.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If a victim is experiencing an emergency situation, text or dial 911 for immediate assistance. The Contact an Advocate Program is not a substitute for emergency services and is not monitored 24 hours a day. This program is intended as an added resource for victims of domestic violence or other similar crimes but not a substitute for any necessary law enforcement action needed to protect victims of crime.
Text to 911
A Text to 911 feature is available in Upper Arlington, enabling residents to send a text for assistance:
- If you are in a threatening situation and a voice call would increase the threat
- If you are unable to speak due to an injury
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability
- If mobile phone reception is poor
Type in the numbers 911 in the “to” field. Then type a brief but informative message (do not include images), with your location and the type of emergency. Then press “send.”
Some other useful information about this emergency option:
- The delivery of 911 text messages may be slightly delayed or could even fail.
- The text for emergency assistance cannot go to more than one recipient. Do not copy any other contacts on your text.
- Unless you have indicated that you are in a threatening situation and do not want a response, you will be notified that your text has been received from the 911 call center.
- If you are experiencing a threatening/domestic violence situation that could worsen if your text is found by your abuser, delete the text as soon as you have sent it.