Updated June 2, 2020
We have developed this COVID-19 Community Resource page to help residents connect with local resources. This page is updated regularly. If you have suggestions on how we can improve this page, please send us your ideas via our COVID-19 Idea Portal.
Useful Links & Resources
- Ohio Department of Health – A public hotline is available daily from 9 am-8 pm, at 1-833-427-5634.
- Franklin County Public Health COVID-19 Updates
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – use of cloth face coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19 (web and print version)
- Hands on Central Ohio 211 Search for Services – connects residents in Franklin County with comprehensive and up-to-date information about social, health and government services.
- Text Updates on COVID-19 – Franklin County Emergency Management & Homeland Security has added a text message alert option for residents. Just text “COVID19FC” to 888-777 and you will receive health and safety updates.
- Public Health Flyer “What You Need to know About COVID-19
- Public Health Flyer – Stop the Spread of Germs
- Southeast Healthcare My Recovery Works – peer support by phone for anyone feeling anxious and/or isolated. Click here to view the flyer.
- MORPC COVID-19 Resource Hub – a compilation of resources, tools, community services and operations within the Central Ohio region
- Greater Ohio Policy Center COVID-19 Resources – includes various updates and resources on utilities, foreclosures, relief funds for nonprofits, unemployment and more.
- Franklin County Emergency Assistance – offers one time or short-term assistance to aid with emergency situations, in areas that include housing, utilities, auto repairs
- Can’t Stop Columbus – socially run website promoting restaurants and delivery options, grocery delivery, and access to other resources in Columbus
- Ohio Attorney General Tips for Avoiding Scams
- Franklin County Children Services Referral Line: 614-229-7000
- Choices – Domestic Violence Shelter: 614-224-4663
- Disaster Distress Hotline: 1-800-985-5990
- NetCare Crisis Line: 614-276-2273
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Financial & Resource Support for Community Members
UA Good Neighbor Fund
Upper Arlington Community Foundation
Phone: 614-286-8818 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Good Neighbor Fund helps residents that have a unique, unforeseen event happen in their lives that threatens their stability. This fund is specifically for one-time, emergency assistance due to an event that seriously jeopardizes the recipient’s ability to meet basic needs. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Good Neighbor Fund is amending its criteria to include Upper Arlington small businesses that are being affected. This amendment is valid from March 17–October 17, 2020. Applicants must have a business in the Upper Arlington city limits and must be able to demonstrate critical need for their small business.
Click here to access the Good Neighbor Fund application form.
If you Want to Support the Good Neighbor Fund!
The Foundation successfully met its $25,000 matching challenge grant to support the Good Neighbor Fund, and has already provided approximately $25,000 in grants to help our community members. Donations are still being accepted so that the Good Neighbor Fund can continued to provide assistance as the pandemic continues.
- Make a donation using PayPal (be sure to indicate that your donation is for the Good Neighbor Fund; OR
- Send an email to email@example.com.
Upper Arlington Neighborhood Bridges
Gateway to Kindness Flyer (PDF 549KB)
In response to COVID-19, Neighborhood Bridges has made it easier to get help where it’s needed quickly and effectively, matching interested volunteers in our community to residents with a need. It could be as simple as helping our seniors by picking up groceries and dropping them at the door, running an errand or mowing their lawn. It could also be donating items or funds to help a family in crisis, or helping to tutor a student via facetime. Some needs may be a one-time request, others might be ongoing during the COVID-19 outbreak.
If You Want to Help:
- Follow Upper Arlington Bridges on Facebook
- Subscribe to Upper Arlington Neighborhood Bridges to start receiving emails about new requests by clicking here. When you receive an email request that you can assist with, all you have to do is click on the box “VIEW ALL UPPER ARLINGTON NEEDS” to go to the UA Bridges webpage, then find the request you are interested in and click on the “I CAN HELP” link.
If You Know of Someone With a Need – Churches, civic groups, businesses, service organizations and all residents who know of someone in need can easily contact the UA Neighborhood Bridges program by clicking here.
You can email one of the following advocate groups and they will make sure the need is shared with the community:
Cellular & Internet Service Providers
- Many cellular telephone and Internet service providers are making adjustments to their policies and available services in response to this situation. Some examples include increasing customers’ data allotments at no additional charge, waiving late fees and providing special rates for international calls. We recommend that you visit your service provider’s website or contact them directly for details.
- The Upper Arlington Library guest wifi allows residents access from their parking lots. No password required.
Free/Reduced Lunches for Children
- Upper Arlington Schools – providing boxed lunches (with breakfast for the next day) for any school-aged children in need. Various locations.
- Jimmy John’s (Tremont Road) – offering free Little John sandwich, Mon-Fri 11 am-2 pm
- Piada (Lane Avenue) – offering free lunches for children.
- Wings Over (Lane Avenue) – offering free meals for children.
Temporary Pandemic Child Care Programs
Effective March 26, only child care programs with a Temporary Pandemic Child Care license are permitted to operate in Ohio, serving only essential workers defined by the state with priority for key health and safety occupations. Action for Children hosts information for families including an interactive map of the ODJFS-approved Temporary Pandemic Child Care programs in Franklin and the surrounding counties. The map is updated twice daily as the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services approves new programs. Families can also submit a help request online or call 614-224-0222, ext. 299 for help connecting with a provider.
- Healthwell Foundation COVID-19 Ancillary Costs – assistance with costs associated with delivered food, medication, diagnostics, transportation and telehealth
- COTA Bus Transportation – The Central Ohio Transit Authority has announced that it is not charging fees for passengers. Customers are asked to board vehicles from the rear entrance and to adhere to social distancing recommendations relative to other passengers and the driver. COTA has implemented a “focused service approach,” with a number of route adjustments. Explore website for the latest updates.
- Federal Housing Finance Agency – details mortgage help for homeowners affected by COVID-19
Resources for Seniors
Help for Our Seniors
If you are a senior or you know a senior, we want to hear from you so that our CARES team can keep in touch through the pandemic, making sure our older adults have the help and resources they need. Email us or call us at 614-583-5320. Please provide your name, address, phone number, email and immediate needs so that we can add you to our database.
I Am Fine
Phone: 614-832-5964 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UA seniors are encouraged to register for the I Am Fine (formerly known as Kind Call) automated telephone check-in system, available through the Upper Arlington Commission on Aging. Once registered, seniors receive an automated call on the schedule of their choosing. If they fail to pick up the phone, the system initiates a series of notifications, starting with family members and then UA Police who will dispatch an officer to check that everything is okay.
Shelter in Place Resources for Seniors
Includes resources, useful information and tips for navigating Ohio’s Stay at Home orders for older adults, such as how to refill prescriptions and get them delivered, ways to stay socially connected, and a list of organizations that serve older adults.
Friendly Phone Line: 614-993-3614
Available to older adults in greater Columbus who are looking for friendly conversation and social connection.
Groceries & Restaurants
UA area groceries can provide the delivery of groceries and some meals for a fee.
The table below shows area grocery store hours, including special hours for seniors.
Ages 60+ or At-risk
|Regular COVID-19 Hours|
|Huffman's Market||huffmansmarket.com||614-486-5336||Grocery delivery||N/A||Mon-Sat 8 am-9 pm
Sun 8 am-6 pm
|Kroger (Henderson Rd)||kroger.com||614-457-1825||Grocery delivery||Mon-Thur 7-8 am||Mon-Sun 7 am-10 pm|
|Market District at Kingsdale (Store 1518)||marketdistrict.com||614-538-0762||Grocery delivery, curbside, meals, Senior hours ages 60+||Mon-Wed 6-7 am||Mon-Sun 7 am-10 pm|
|Target (Olentangy River Rd)||target.com||614-298-1070||Drive Up||Wed 8-9 am||Mon-Tue 8 am-9 pm
Wed 9 am-9 pm
Thur-Sun 8 am-9 pm
|Whole Foods||wholefoodsmarket.com||614-481-3400||Grocery delivery, meals||7:30-8 am||Mon-Sun 8 am-8 pm|
|Revised 10 am March 23, 2020|
Area Restaurants With Pickup and Delivery Options
As a convenience for residents and to help support our local dining establishments, the following list details UA and area restaurants that are currently providing takeout and delivery options. We will be updating this list each week, recognizing that hours of operation and service options may change. This list may not be complete and by our provision of this information does not represent an endorsement from the City. Please notify us by completing the COVID-19 Idea Portal form below if we have missed a restaurant or other dining service you would like us to include.
|Arby's||3650 Riverside Dr||www.arbys.com||614-459-0911||Drive Thru||X||Mon-Sun 10 am-11 pm|
|Basil Thai||3706 Riverview Dr||www.basilcolumbus.com||614-817-1777||Phone/Postmates/GrubHub/UberEats/Doordash||X||X||Tues-Sun 4-9 pm|
|Bonsai||3108 Kingsdale Center||madtric.wixsite.com/bonsai||614-389-9551||Phone/GrubHub||X||X||Mon-Sun 11 am-9 pm|
|Brassica||1441 W. Lane Ave||www.brassicas.com||614-929-9997||Phone/App/Online||X||X||X||Mon-Sun 11 am-10 pm|
|Bruegger's Bagels||1621 W. Lane Ave||www.locations.brueggers.com||614-486-7500||Phone/Bite Squad|
TBD - May close
|X||X||X||Mon-Fri 6:30 am-4 pm
Sat-Sun 7 am-4 pm
|Café DaVinci||3080 Tremont Rd||www.caffedavinciua.com||614-459-9945||Phone||X||X||Mon-Sat Noon-8 pm
Sun 4 pm-8 pm
|Carsonie's||1725 W. Lane Ave||www.carsonies.com||614-481-5555||Phone/Online||X||X||X||Mon-Sun Noon-9 pm|
|Charritos Restaurante Taqueria||4740 Reed Rd||614-929-5866||Phone/Grubhub/Seamless||X||X||X||Mon-Sun 11 am-7 pm|
|Chef-O-Nette||2090 Tremont Center||chefonette.com||614-488-8444||Phone/Drive Thru||X||X||Mon-Sat 9 am-7 pm|
|Chipotle||3090 Kingsdale Center||www.locations.chipotle.com||614-326-2631||Phone/Doordash/Uber Eats/App||X||X||Mon-Sat 10:45 am-10 pm
Sun 10:45 am-9 pm
|Chocolate Café||1855 Northwest Blvd||www.chocolatecafecolumbus.com/||614-845-2233||Phone/Postmates/Grubhub/Doordash/UberEats||X||X||Mon-Sun 8 am-10 pm|
|City Barbeque||2111 W. Henderson Rd||www.citybbq.com||614-538-8890||Phone/Doordash/GrubHub/Online||X||X||X||Sun-Thurs 11 am-8 pm
Fri-Sat 11 am-9 pm
|Colin's Coffee||3714 Riverside Dr||www.facebook.com/Colins-Coffee-199129576778911/||614-459-0598||Phone/Doordash||X||Mon-Sat 7 am-2 pm
Sun 8 am-1 pm
|Crimson Cup Coffee||2468 Northwest Blvd||www.crimsoncup.com||614-641-7020||Uber Eats/Walk Up Window||X||Mon-Sun 7 am-5 pm|
|Domino's Pizza||2049 Henderson Rd||www.pizza.dominos.com||614-459-0030||Phone/App/Online||X||X||Mon-Sun 10:30 am-Midnight|
|Donatos||3000 Northwest Blvd||www.donatos.com||614-340-0905||Phone/App/Online/Drive Thru||Lobby open||X||X||Sun-Thurs 11 am-Midnight
Fri-Sat 11 am-1 am
|Eastern Bay||2055 Riverside Dr||www.easternbayrestaurant.com||614-487-1198||Phone/Grubhub/Seamless/Postmates||X||X||Mon-Sun 11 am-10-9:30 pm|
|El Vaquero||2195 Riverside Dr||www.mexicanrestaurantupperarlington.com||614-486-4547||Phone/Grubhub||X||X||X||Sun-Thurs 11 am-9 pm
Fri-Sat 11 am-9:30 pm
|Figlio's Pizza||3712 Riverside Dr||www.figliopizza.com||614-459-6575||Phone||X||X||X||Mon-Sat 5-8 pm|
|Fukuryu Ramen||1600 W. Lane Ave #160||www.fukuryuramen.com||614-929-5910||Phone/Online/Uber/Grubhub||X||X||Mon-Sun 11 am-2:30 pm, 5-8 pm|
|Gallo's Kitchen and Bar||2820 Nottingham Rd||www.galloskitchen.com||614-754-8176||Phone||X||Mon-Sat 4:30-8 pm|
|Graeter's||1534 W. Lane Ave||www.graeters.com||614-488-3222||Phone/Grubhub/Postmates||X||X||X||Mon-Thurs 1-9 pm
Fri-Sat 1-10 pm
|Hong Kong House||1831 W. Henderson Rd||614-538-9288||Phone/Seamless/Grubhub||X||X||Mon-Sun 11 am-10 pm|
|Houlihan's||3150 Tremont Rd||www.houlihans.com||614-326-2449||Phone/Online||X||X||X||Sun-Thurs 11:30 am-8 pm
Fri-Sat 11:30 am-9 pm
|Hudson Twenty Nine||1600 W. Lane Ave||wwwhudson29.com||614-487-0622||Phone||X||X||X||Tues-Thurs 11:30 am-9 pm
Fri 11:30 am-10 pm
Sat 11 am-10 pm
Sun 11 am-8 pm
|Jet's Pizza||4740 Reed Rd||www.jetspizza.com||614-326-0300||Phone||X||X||Sun-Thurs 10 am-9 pm
Fri-Sat 10 am-10 pm
|Jimmy John's Gourmet Subs||3241 Tremont Rd||www.locations.jimmyjohns.com||614-824-2791||Phone/App/Online||X||X||Mon-Sun 10 am-3 pm|
|La Chatelaine||1550 W. Lane Ave||www.lachatelainebakery.com||614-488-1911||Phone||X||X||Mon-Sun 9 am-5 pm|
|Lightbulb Asia Café||3110 Tremont Rd||614-914-8665||Phone/GrubHub||X||X||Mon-Sun 11 am-10 pm|
|LUPO||2124 Arlington Ave||www.lupoonarlington.com||614-914-6134||Phone||X||Mon-Sun 5 pm-9 pm|
|Marco's Pizza||4719 Reed Rd||www.marcos.com||614-326-1111||Phone/Online/Seamless/Grubhub||X||X||Sun-Thurs 11 am-10 pm
Fri-Sat 11 am-11 pm
|McDonald's||3746 Riverside Dr||614-326-3663||UberEats/Drive Thru||X||X||Mon-Thurs 5:45 am-11 pm
Fri-Sat 5:45 am-Midnight
Sun 6 am-11 pm
|McDonald's||1905 W. Henderson Rd||614-459-0542||UberEats/Drive Thru||X||X||Mon-Sun 4 am-Midnight|
|MCL Restaurant||3154 Kingsdale Center||mclhomemade.com||614-457-5786||Phone||X||X||Mon-Sun 11 am-8:30 pm|
|Moretti's||2124 Tremont Center||www.morettisofarlington.com||614-486-2333||Phone/Postmates||X||X||Mon-Sun 4:30-8 pm|
|Noodles & Co||4740 Reed Rd||www.noodles.com||614-453-1090||Phone/Doordash/Online/Vroom||X||X||Sun-Thurs 11 am-8 pm
Fri-Sat 11 am-9 pm
|Old Bag of Nails Pub||2102 Tremont Ctr||614-486-6976||Phone||X||X||Mon-Thurs 11 am-10 pm
Fri-Sat 11 am-11 pm
Sun 11 am-9 pm
|Original Pancake Shop||1633 W. Lane Ave||www.originalpancakehouse.com||614-695-6810||Phone/Doordash/Uber||X||X||X||Mon-Fri 7 am-2:30 pm
Sat-Sun 7 am-3 pm
|Panera Bread||3278 Tremont Rd||www.delivery.panerabread.com||614-583-2600||Phone/App/Online||X||X||X||X||Mon-Sat 7 am-9 pm
Sun 7 am-8 pm
|Panzera's Pizza||3794 Fairlington Dr||614-442-7930||Phone||X||X||Hours May Vary|
|Piada||1315 W. Lane Ave||www.mypiada.com||614-754-1702||Phone/App/Online/Doordash||X||X||Mon-Sun 11 am-9 pm|
|Point Tavern||1991 Riverside Dr||614-487-0006||Mon-Sun 3pm-Vary|
|Poongmei Asian Bistro||4720 Reed Rd||www.poongmei.com||614-273-9998||Phone/Doordash/Chowbus/Chownow/UberEats||X||X||Mon 11 am-9 pm
Wed-Sat 11 am-9 pm
Sun 11:30 am-9 pm
|Rusty Bucket||1635 W. Lane Ave||www.myrustybucket.com||614-485-2303||Phone/Doordash||X||X||X||Tues-Thurs 11 am-9 pm
Fri-Sat 11 am-10 pm
|South of Lane Café||1987 Guilford Rd||www.southoflanecafe.com||614-586-2233||Phone/Doordash|
Will be offering family style takeout dinners
|X||Tues-Sat 7 am-2 pm
Sun 8 am-1 pm
|Starbucks||3235 Tremont Rd||www.starbucks.com||614-457-5054||Phone/Doordash/Drive Thru||X||X||Mon-Sun 5:30 am-9 pm|
|Starbucks||1873 W. Henderson Rd||www.starbucks.com||614-273-2300||Phone/Doordash/Drive Thru/ Grab-n-Go||Grab-n-Go only||X||X||Mon-Sun 6 am-7 pm|
|Starbucks||1315 W. Lane Ave||www.starbucks.com||614-485-1202||Phone/Doordash/Drive Thru/Grab-n-Go||Grab-n-Go only||X||X||Mon-Sun 7 am-6 pm|
Allow 24 hours
|X||X||Tues-Sat 11 am-1 pm, 4-6 pm|
|Subway||3566 Riverside Dr||www.subway.com||614-457-7828||Phone/Postmates/Doordash/Online||X||Mon-Sat 9 am-8 pm
Sun 10 am-6 pm
|Sunny Street Café||4733 Reed Rd||sunnystreetcafe.com||614-732-4479||Phone/Doordash||X||X||Mon-Sun 6:30 am-2:30 pm|
|The Gyro Shoppe||2060 W Henderson Rd||www.orderthegyroshoppe.com||614-442-1200||Phone/Postmates/Doordash/Seamless/Online||X||X||X||X||Mon-Sat 11 am-8 pm
Sun 4-8 pm
|The Original Goodie Shop||2116 Tremont Ave||www.theoriginalgoodieshop.com/||614-448-8777||Phone/Online/Postmates/Grubhub/Curbside||X||X||Mon-Sat 8 am-4 pm|
|Tim Hortons||4740 Reed Rd||614-459-6773||Phone/Drive Thru||X||X||Mon-Sun
5 am-5 pm: Drive Thru
6 am-3 pm: Inside
|Tommy's Pizza||1350 W. Lane Ave||www.tommyspizza.com||614-486-2969||Phone/Doordash||X||X||X||Mon-Sat 11 am-9 pm
Sun 4-9 pm
|Wendy's (Henderson Rd)||1851 W. Henderson Rd||www.menu.wendys.com||614-273-0082||Grubhub/Drive Thru||X||Mon-Sun 6:30 am-Midnight|
|Wendy's (Northwest Blvd)||3040 Northwest Blvd||www.menu.wendys.com||614-459-2370||Grubhub/Drive Thru||X||X||Mon-Sun 6:30 am-Midnight|
|Akai Hana||1173 Old Henderson Rd||www.akaihanaohio.com||614-451-5411||Phone/Postmates/Grubhub/UberEats||X||X||X||X||Mon-Sun 4-8 pm|
|Cuco’s Taqueria||2162 W Henderson Rd,||www.cucostaqueria.com||614-538-8701||Phone/GrubHub/UberEats/DoorDash/Online||X||X||X||X||Mon-Sat 10 am-9 pm|
|Grand Day Cafe||1284 W 5th Ave||www.granddaycafe.com||614-481-3363||Phone||X||X||X||Mon-Fri 7 am-2:30 pm
Sat-Sun 7 am-3 pm
|Grandview Cafe||1445 W 3rd Ave||grandviewcafe.com||614-725-1077||Phone/Grubhub/Postmates/Seamless/Online||X||X||X||X||Mon-Sun 11 am-9 pm|
|Honey Dip Diner||4480 Kenny Rd||www.honeydipdonetsdiner.com||614-459-0812||Phone/Grubhub||X||X||X||X||Tues-Sat 6 am-2:30 pm
Sun 7 am-2:30 pm
|Iacono's Ristorante||4452 Kenny Rd||http://www.iaconos.com/themenu.html||614-451-0234||Phone/Online||X||X||X||X|
|Mon-Fri 11 am-1:30 pm
Tues 5-9 pm
|Mazah Mediterranean Eatery||1453 Grandview Ave||http://www.mazah-eatery.com/||614-488-3633||Phone/Online/Postmates||X||X||X||X||Mon-Sat 11 am-2:30 pm, 4:30-8 pm|
|Moretti's||1021 W 5th Ave||palle-by-moretti.myshopify.com||614-486-2333||Phone/Postmates||X||X||X||X||Mon-Sun 4:30-8 pm|
|Red Barn Chili||1400 Dublin Rd||redbarnchili.com/||614-657-3057||Phone/Online||X||X||X||X||Mon-Fri 11 am-6 pm|
|Revised May 28 2020|
Resources for Businesses
As buildings re-open under the “Responsible RestartOhio” plan that have had little to no water usage during the Stay at Home Order due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to flush water that has been stagnant in both cold- and hot-water distribution lines and fixtures. Low water usage can contribute to bacterial growth, including Legionella which can cause a serious type of pneumonia called Legionnaires’ disease. It can also cause other water quality issues with potential health risks due to the build-up of lead and copper in stagnant water that’s been collecting in older pipes and fixtures.
- State Fire Marshal Business Reopening Safety Recommendations
- Safety Signs and Shareable Resources – Franklin County Public Health has created various pdf files and images to share on social media about COVID-19 safety practices.
- One Columbus Business Resource List – list of programs and resources available to assist the region’s employers and workforce (PDF overview click here).
- U.S. Small Business Association – This page provides an overview of SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus including online application portal.
- Google “My Business” Help – This page provides an overview for businesses on how to make sure their business listing is accurate as adjustments in hours and operations are made.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) – providing resources for use by financial institutions and their customers.
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services – Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about employee layoffs made necessary as a result of COVID-19, as well as access to appropriate filing documentation.
- Columbus Chamber Resources for Businesses/Workforces
- Ohio Dept. of Jobs and Family Service Job Search Portal
- Ohio Means Jobs Search Tool
- Columbus Foundation Emergency Response Fund – assistance for non-profits that are responding to COVID-19 and experiencing financial challenges
Park Facilities Updates
Visit our Service Updates page for full details on Parks & Recreation Department programs and park facilities updates.
All City and School Playgrounds Are Closed
The City and UA Schools support the March 22 order by Governor DeWine to close all public playgrounds in Ohio to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. Public parks and open outdoor recreation areas are excluded from Ohio’s “Stay in Place” order, however playgrounds are closed because they bring many children together in close proximity sharing play equipment, increasing the risk of transmitting the Coronavirus.
It’s still possible to enjoy our parks and public spaces for recreation and exercise. When you do visit our parks, please follow appropriate social distancing protocols:
- Keep your distance from other residents who are not part of your group
- Don’t engage in group play activities that could involve contact with others
- Bring disinfecting wipes and use before and after touching any park amenities
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Don’t share water bottles, cups or food
- If you bring your dogs with you for exercise, follow the City’s leash laws
- When dogs are allowed to be off leash, make sure they are still under your control and try to avoid people outside of your group touching your dog
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds when you get home
- If you feel unwell or have a fever STAY HOME
To help ensure residents are following these safety guidelines when out enjoying our parks, the Parks & Recreation Department is monitoring all parks daily. If you see any activity that clearly does not meet appropriate social distancing standards, please call the Police non-emergency line, at 614-459-2800, and a member of the parks staff or a police officer will be dispatched.
Staying active during the Stay in Place order can help reduce stress and stay healthy, and we encourage you to continue to find ways to get outside while being mindful of yours and the safety of others.
Safe Use of Parks and Trails
The National Parks & Recreation Association has developed some simple “social distancing” guidelines to follow for anyone wishing to enjoy the mental and physical health benefits of getting outside during this difficult time. They include:
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains. NOTE: in UA’s case, park restrooms and water fountains are not accessible at this time.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence and as you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location.
Visit the National Parks & Recreation Association for full details.
State & National Updates
- Federal Tax Filing Deadline – the U.S. Treasury Department has moved the 2019 tax filing deadline to July 15. Visit IRS for more.
- Ohio Tax Filing Deadline – The Ohio Senate and House of Representatives both approved HB 197, which includes an extension of Ohio’s 2019 tax filing deadline to July 15, with the Ohio Tax Commissioner officially extending the due date on March 27. Access the Ohio Department of Taxation
- Upper Arlington Tax Filing Deadline – Upper Arlington’s 2019 income tax filing deadline follows Ohio, and therefore has been extended to July 15. Estimated payments for the first and second quarters of tax year 2020 have also been extended to July 15, 2020. Visit RITA for additional information
- 2020 US Census – the 2020 Census is proceeding on schedule. The current COVID-19 situation highlights the importance of an accurate count, since federal funds are dispersed to state and local communities across the country based on Census data. For details and to complete the Census online.
- Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) – The majority of Bureau of Motor Vehicle offices are now opened, with many services offered online. Use the BMV checklists for a federally-compliant or standard credential to make sure you bring the right documents with you. Get in line online before you go. Visit BMV for details.