City Holiday – Offices Closed
One event on January 20, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on February 17, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on May 25, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on July 3, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on September 7, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on November 11, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on November 26, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on December 25, 2020 at 12:00 am
City offices are closed for the following nine holidays in 2020:
- New Year’s Day – Wednesday, January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Monday, January 20
- Presidents’ Day – Monday, February 17
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 25
- Independence Day (observance) – Friday, July 3
- Labor Day – Monday, September 7
- Veterans Day – Wednesday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 26
- Christmas Day – Friday, December 25
2020 SOLID WASTE DELAYS
Local Waste Services will observe some but not all of the City’s holidays each year, including: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. For more information or call 614-583-5370.
The following City holidays delay solid waste collection by one day, with normal service resuming the following week (if the holiday falls on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, there is no collection delay):
- New Year’s Day – Monday & Tuesday collection zone not affected, Wednesday-Thursday zones delayed by one day
- Memorial Day – All collection zones delayed by one day
- Independence Day – No delays.
- Labor Day – All collection zones delayed by one day
- Thanksgiving Day – Monday-Wednesday collection zones not affected, Thursday’s zone collected on Friday
- Christmas Day – No delays.
Submissions to our Community Calendar
As a service to the community, the City hosts an online Community Calendar. We invite you to submit details of upcoming special events that are open to and promote government interests of the community at-large, as determined by the City of Upper Arlington.
To submit a calendar listing, please use this online form. Submissions should include a photograph (no posters or logos) with a exact size of 1920 pixels wide x 1275 pixels high. We recommend that you submit items at least three months in advance, since we may include some community events in the City’s print and e-newsletters as space allows.
The City will not post routine items such as programs, club meetings or classes. The inclusion of a special event does not represent an endorsement from the City. The City reserves complete control of any event postings on the Community Calendar and has final approval authority over them. Community Calendar postings are not intended to, and do not, create a public or designated forum for private speech of any kind. The City reserves its right to refuse a submission