- This event has passed.
City Holiday – Offices Closed
One event on December 31, 2021 at 12:00 am
One event on January 17, 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on February 21, 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on May 30, 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on July 4, 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on September 5, 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on November 11, 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on November 24, 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on December 26, 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on January 2, 2023 at 12:00 am
City offices are closed for the following nine holidays in 2022
- New Year’s Day – (observance) Friday, December 31, 2021
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Monday, January 17
- Presidents’ Day – Monday, February 21
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 30
- Independence Day – Monday, July 4
- Labor Day – Monday, September 5
- Veterans Day – Friday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 24
- Christmas Day (observance) – Monday, December 26
- New Year’s Day – (observance) Monday, January 2, 2023
2022 SOLID WASTE DELAYS
Local Waste Services will observe some but not all of the City’s holidays each year, including: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. For more information or call 614-583-5370.
The following City holidays delay solid waste collection by one day, with normal service resuming the following week (if the holiday falls on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, there is no collection delay):
- New Year’s Day (observed Friday 12/31/21 – No delays)
- Memorial Day (Monday 5/30/22 – All zones delayed)
- Independence Day (Monday 7/4/22 – All zones delayed)
- Labor Day (Monday 9/5/22 – All zones delayed)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday 11/24/22 – Thursday collection delayed)
- Christmas Day (observed Monday 12/26/22 – All zones delayed)
- New Year’s Day (observed Monday 1/2/23 – All zones delayed)
Submissions to our Community Calendar
As a service to the community, the City hosts an online Community Calendar. We invite you to submit details of upcoming special events that are open to and promote government interests of the community at-large, as determined by the City of Upper Arlington.
To submit a calendar listing, please use this online form. Submissions should include a photograph (no posters or logos) with an exact size of 1920 pixels wide x 1275 pixels high. We recommend that you submit items at least three months in advance, since we may include some community events in the City’s print and e-newsletters as space allows.
The City will not post routine items such as programs, club meetings or classes. The inclusion of a special event does not represent an endorsement from the City. The City reserves complete control of any event postings on the Community Calendar and has final approval authority over them. Community Calendar postings are not intended to, and do not, create a public or designated forum for private speech of any kind. The City reserves its right to refuse a submission.
Special Event Application Notice
The City has an application and permitting process in place for special events that require the use of City property and/or City logistical and planning support. This includes quarterly submission deadlines in advance of a planned event so that Staff have ample time to review all requests and manage its finite supply of equipment and staffing while balancing its support of longstanding community events with new and unique event proposals.
There is a $100 application fee.
2022 Event Planning Schedule
|For Events Held:||Application Deadline||Meeting Review Date|
|April 1 – June 30||January 17||February 2|
|July 1 – September 30||April 18||May 4|
|October 1 – December 31||July 18||August 3|
|January 1 – March 31, 2023||October 17, 2022||November 2, 2022|