- This event has passed.
UA Fire Hydrant Flushing
May 2, 2022 @ 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Hydrant flushing this year will be April 25-May 6. Click here to track our progress and for defined districts in the City. Most residents notice no difference in their water supply, but a few could experience water discoloration after flushing has taken place in their area. For Click here for rusty water prevention tips when flushing operations are in your area.
Schedule and Districts:
- Monday 4/25 71C/72C (3 Unit)
- Tuesday 4/26 71A/72A (1 Unit)
- Wednesday 4/27 71B/72B (2 Unit)
- Thursday 4/28 71C/72C (3 Unit)
- Friday 4/29 71A/72A (1 Unit)
- Monday 5/2 71A/72A (1 Unit)
- Tuesday 5/3 71B/72B (2 Unit)
- Wednesday 5/4 71C/72C (3 Unit)
- Thursday 5/5 71A/72A (1 Unit)
- Friday 5/6 71B/72B (2 Unit)
There are approximately 2,000 fire hydrants in the City. The Fire Division inspects all hydrants twice a year to make sure they are in good working order and to coordinate any maintenance needs. Additionally, fire hydrants are flushed each spring and pumped dry each fall, before the first hard freeze.
If you have rusty water and it is not during the designated time for hydrant flushing, call the Columbus Water Division (614-645-7788) to see if there is a water main break or construction work in your area.