As the Lane Avenue corridor continues to experience unprecedented levels of reinvestment and growth, City Council has approved a contract with OHM Advisors, to take a detailed look at the area to better understand the impacts of future growth and to put in place a framework that guides this growth in a way that best benefits the community.
- A detailed review of pertinent guiding documents, such as the Master Plan, Unified Development Ordinance, past studies and survey data.
- Developing commercial streetscape standards to enhance the district, with a focus on pedestrian activity, bicycle access, transit use, outdoor dining, and opportunities for public art and public gathering spaces.
- Reviewing and making recommendations for modifying the City’s commercial design standards.
- A comprehensive traffic evaluation of Lane Avenue, from Riverside Drive to State Route 315—to include traffic counts and projecting maximum future development counts—to develop a phased approach to congestion mitigation and parking requirements.
In September, residents can participate in the first round of information gathering, in the following ways:
- Open House 1: 6-8 pm, Wednesday, September 18, COhatch, 1733 W. Lane Avenue
- Community Pop Up 1: 7:30-9 am, Thursday, September 26, Crimson Cup, 2468 Northwest Boulevard
- Community Pop Up 2: 5:30-7 pm, Thursday, September 26, Whole Foods, 1555 W. Lane Avenue
Click here for full details on the Lane Avenue Planning Study.