Our thanks to those who were able to join representatives of OHM Advisors and City Staff on December 12 for a presentation summary of the public engagement activities held in the fall, which included:
- Details of the activities used to engage the public and solicit ideas for the vision of the corridor;
- Summarized results of the feedback received;
- An analysis of how the findings can be used to help guide and shape a vision for the corridor’s streetscape and appearance;
- Details of the study’s next steps;
- Future public engagement opportunities, at which time draft recommendations will be presented for public review and feedback.
About the Study
As the City’s most rapidly evolving commercial district, the Lane Avenue Planning Study has been initiated to help the City better understand the impacts of future growth and put in place a framework to guide this growth in a way that best benefits the community. The study process began in August 2019 and is expected to conclude in the Spring of 2020. It includes two phases of citizen engagement, providing opportunities for residents to learn about the significance of the business district for Upper Arlington’s future and to provide input on what they believe should be priority considerations.
The first round of community outreach and information gathering for the Lane Avenue Planning Study is complete. In September, the planning team from OHM Advisors hosted an Open House and two community pop up meetings at locations along the corridor, as well as meeting with area business representatives. In early October, we invited residents to complete a quick, online survey based on the idea boards shared at these meetings, available for anyone who is interested in participating in this process. We received an impressive 1,887 responses.
OHM Advisors has prepared a summary of the first round of community engagement, and it is now available by clicking here.
Click here for full details on the Lane Avenue Planning Study and to view the December 12 presentation.