At the start of the 2019 swim season, the City’s Parks & Recreation Department opened the new pool house at Devon Pool which featured locker rooms, office space, and a concession stand. Now, at the end of the 2020 swim season, the City is turning its attention to Phase III of improvements which will focus on the replacement of the aging pool mechanical buildings and deteriorating concrete pool deck.
The pair of buildings will be replaced with a single building which has been designed to complement the aesthetic of the new pool house. The building replacement will also include updates to the pool’s mechanical equipment, including new pumps, heater, filter tanks and chemical tanks. Beyond the building, the project will also replace the concrete pool deck and fence around the main pool. These improvements are scheduled to be completed during the off season in advance of the 2021 swim season.
With the focus on the mechanical building project, efforts regarding the toddler pool replacement have been postponed.
Engagement & Public Meeting Details
- Open House 1: Thursday, March 28
- Open House 2: Saturday, March 30
- Online Survey: Available March 25-April 8
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board: Wednesday, April 10
- Council Conference Session: Monday, April 15
- Construction Contract Presented to City Council for Approval: April 2020
- Site Work Begins: August 2020
- Construction Complete: Spring 2021