The Rumpke Recycling facility recently announced it has added several types of cups to the list of accepted items, expanding the list of recyclables to the following:
- Cartons (milk, juice, etc.) – remove caps and straws.
- Glass Bottles & Jars – all colors of glass accepted.
- Metal Cans (soup, soda, etc.) – labels are accepted. Remove aerosol tips.
- Plastic Bottles, Jugs and Tubs (shampoo, detergent, butter, sour cream, cottage cheese tubs, yogurt, fruit cups, etc.) – lids and labels accepted.
- Paper Cups – poly-lined paper cups such as disposable “to-go” coffee cups. Paper sleeves are also accepted. Throw plastic lids away.
- Plastic Cups (fast food cups) – empty them, remove straws and place the plastic lids back on; please avoid throwing the lids loosely into the cart.
- Aluminum Cups – used at many stadiums and some dedicated outdoor refreshment areas (DORAs)
- Paper & Cardboard – break down and flatten cardboard boxes.
Some cups remain on the list of items that can’t be recycled at this time – this includes disposable plastic party cups, styrofoam cups, and K-cups.
All recyclables should be placed loose in your recycling container, which should be placed at the curb by 7 am on your regular trash and recycling collection day.
For full details, visit our Solid Waste Services page.