Here are some useful service reminders to help you get the most out of The City’s Solid Waste Program and to help keep our community looking its best:
- Place all items for disposal at the curb between 6 pm the night before and 7 am on your regular collection day. Click here to view a map of the collection zones and schedule.
- Keep trash and recycling containers at least three feet apart from other items to provide easy access for the collection equipment. Lid openings should face into the street. Do not park cars in front of containers, as this makes collection difficult and could result in damage to your vehicle.
- Containers must be removed from the curb by 7 am following collection day.
- Screening Requirements – Households should keep trash and recycling containers out of view from the street—in a garage, shed, screened behind a fence or landscaping, etc.—except when putting them at the curb the night before or by 7 am on collection day.
- Recycling Reminders – The Rumpke Recycling Facility determines what items are accepted as recyclables. Click here for a summary of accepted recyclables and for access to additional resources. “Recycling” decals are available at Municipal Services Center and UA libraries if you need to use additional containers.
- Bulk Items – Bulk items, such as furniture, appliances and other qualifying larger items are collected as part of the weekly program. Click here for a list of accepted items.
Yard Waste – Place yard waste in approved biodegradable yard waste bags, bundles or trash containers clearly marked as “Yard Waste,” and place at the curb by 7 am on your regular collection day. Plastic bags or yard waste mixed with trash are NOT accepted. Bundled items should not exceed five feet in length, must be tied with twine or string, and should not weigh more than 50 lbs. Sticks and other loose brush will not be collected. “Yard Waste” decals are available at the Municipal Services Center and UA libraries.