skip to Main Content

If I sell my home between utility billing cycles, will the City reimburse me for the “unused” service period?

No, all fees included on your utility invoice (stormwater, solid waste, neighborhood lighting utility—if applicable) run with the property and the City does not prorate the amount due should a property change hands during the year. The individual/party that owns the property in question when the utility bill is received is responsible for payment in full.We recommend that you discuss balancing your utility account through your realtor and escrow closing, similar to how property taxes are pro-rated.

Categories: Finance Department, Solid Waste, Utility Billing
Back To Top