Attorney Don Plank—a member of the original development team for Arlington Gateway on Lane Avenue—has submitted a Preliminary Development Plan for the Golden Bear Shopping Center, for consideration by the Board of Zoning and Planning (BZAP). The Golden Bear Redevelopment project would replace the existing shopping center and FC Bank building on the site, with a six-story, mixed-use project. The existing McDonald’s and cell tower would remain.
By submitting a Preliminary Development Plan, the applicant is seeking preliminary approval from BZAP before proceeding with the necessary work involved with a Final Development Plan.
The proposed Golden Bear Redevelopment Project is for a six-story mixed-use building that would be comprised of:
- 28,000 square feet of ground floor retail and restaurant space
- 33,700 square feet of second floor office space
- 112 residential condominiums on floors three through six
- A 427 space parking garage at the rear of the building
- Traffic and site access in coordination with future ODOT and UA improvements to Riverside Drive and Fishinger Road
- March 4, 2019 Board of Zoning and Planning Work Session– public hearing, introduction to BZAP
- March 25 Board of Zoning and Planning Meeting– public hearing, anticipated vote on Preliminary Development Plan
To view documents associated with the Preliminary Development Plan and BZAP Staff Reports, search our Archives Portal – Development Projects using the following project name:
- Golden Bear Redevelopment