Attorney Don Plank—a member of the original development team for Arlington Gateway on Lane Avenue—has submitted a Preliminary Development Plan for the Golden Bear Shopping Center, for consideration by the Board of Zoning and Planning (BZAP). The Golden Bear Redevelopment project would replace the existing shopping center and FC Bank building on the site, with a six-story, mixed-use project. The existing McDonald’s and cell tower would remain.
By submitting a Preliminary Development Plan, the applicant is seeking preliminary approval from BZAP before proceeding with the necessary work involved with a Final Development Plan.
The proposed Golden Bear Redevelopment Project is for a five-story mixed-use building that would be comprised of:
- 20,940 square feet of ground floor retail and restaurant space
- 23,845 square feet of second floor office space
- 81 residential condominiums on floors three through five
- A 310 space parking garage at the rear of the building
- Traffic and site access in coordination with future ODOT and UA improvements to Riverside Drive and Fishinger Road
- June 17 Board of Zoning and Planning Meeting – public hearing, tentative vote
- June 3 Board of Zoning and Planning Work Session – public hearing, update to BZAP
- May 20 Board of Zoning and Planning Meeting – public hearing, VOTE DELAYED until June meetings per applicant
- April 22 Board of Zoning and Planning Meeting – public hearing, VOTE DELAYED until May meetings per applicant
- March 25 Board of Zoning and Planning Meeting – public hearing, VOTE DELAYED until the May 20 meeting
- March 4, 2019 Board of Zoning and Planning Work Session – public hearing, introduction to BZAP
To view documents associated with the Preliminary Development Plan and BZAP Staff Reports, search our Archives Portal – Development Projects using the following project name:
- Golden Bear Redevelopment