The Public Service Center houses the Electrical Division, Engineering Division, Fleet Maintenance and Public Works Division at our Roberts Road Facility.
Fire Safety Programs (7)
Open burning of any yard waste such as brush or leaves is prohibited in the City of Upper Arlington. Yard waste disposal questions should be directed to the Public Service Department, at 614-583-5350 or visit our Solid Waste Services section. For any outdoor burning concerns, call 614-583-5100.
Yes, we do home fire safety inspections for residential childcare certifications, adoptions, foster care and overall home fire safety inspections. Call 614-583-5100.
Fire hydrants are flushed in the middle of April to the middle of May. Contact the Fire Prevention Office at 614-583-5100 to see if a hydrant in your area is being flushed. If your water is rusty and it is not during the flushing season, call Columbus Water Division at 614-645-7788 to see if there is a water main break or if there is construction in your neighborhood.
Permits are required for:
- Commercial fire suppression systems
- Commercial fire protection systems
- Hydrant usage
- Fireworks exhibits
- Open burn
- Service stations
- Tents (any tent or membrane structure over 400 square feet, unless the tent is open on all sides, in which case up to 700 square feet is allowed without a permit)
- Underground Storage Tank Removal
- Private fire main permit (contractors building new complexes that require installing a fire hydrant)
Call the Fire Prevention Office, at 614-583-5100, with any questions.
You can find these items at most hardware, home improvement centers, discount/department stores or online. Make sure the item you purchase is approved by the Underwriters Laboratory and has the UL label.