Upper Arlington combines career with community and enables opportunities for growth through training and resources.
Whether you are a seasoned firefighter/paramedic at another agency or you are at the start of your career path, you won’t want to miss out on an opportunity to join Upper Arlington’s bravest!
Primary job responsibilities include fire, rescue, emergency medical ambulance transport (paramedic), hazardous materials response, USAR and a Community Paramedicine program. UAFD also responds to neighboring jurisdictions through automatic aid agreements.
Community relations activities are an integral part of how we provide service, building strong, respectful relationships with residents and businesses. Each year, Fire personnel undergo live fire and rescue training exercises, continuing education to maintain firefighting, EMT, paramedic and inspection certifications, and field exercises as part of the regional hazardous materials team.
- Candidates MUST have a State of Ohio PARAMEDIC certification or National Registry EMT-P certification to apply. Candidates must obtain and maintain State of Ohio PARAMEDIC certification as a condition of employment.
- The City utilizes the National Testing Network to screen for qualified candidates
- Register to test with the National Testing Network at: www.nationaltestingnetwork.com
- If the division is not currently hiring, you may fill out the contact form below to be notified of future openings
- Candidates that successfully pass the NTN examination are invited to the next phase in the process, which includes the Physical Abilities Test (PAT)
Salary Range: $61,035 – $96,250
The City of Upper Arlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email: [email protected] | Phone: 614-583-5100
- Paid Leave: Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays, Bereavement
- Health Insurance: Choice between Traditional PPO Plan and High Deductible Plan with a Health Savings Account
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Excellent Pension Program
- Group Term Life Insurance: With option to purchase supplemental coverage
- Education Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Credit Compensation
- Deferred Compensation Savings Plans
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
WHY UPPER ARLINGTON?
The City of Upper Arlington is a premier, mostly residential community, centrally located within the Columbus, Ohio region. Reflective of the friendly, educated, family-oriented and engaged community that we serve, the City is committed to exceptional, innovative service delivery. Our goals extend beyond the basics, aspiring to make Upper Arlington one of the best communities in the U.S. – a place that is welcoming, inclusive and supportive for all who live here, work in or visit our community.
In community surveys, safety consistently ranks as a top priority and a primary reason residents choose to live here, and approximately half of the City’s annual operating budget is dedicated to our police and fire safety services. Considered one of the premier agencies in the region, our Police Division prioritizes community engagement as much as it focuses on law enforcement activities. Career opportunities within the agency are extensive.
Our organization adheres to the highest standards of professionalism and dedication to service. When combined with our commitment to creativity and engagement with the community, we need to attract the best employees from the widest set of backgrounds. We strive to be a diverse and supportive workplace where every employee can make a difference. As a result, we seek team members of the highest caliber, and we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for successful candidates.