The City’s leaf collection program is nearing its end. The timeframe for collection each year does not change since the Public Works Division must fit this service in with other seasonal services, most notably getting ready for winter weather.
Please follow these guidelines:
- The last day to rake leaves to the curb is Sunday, December 3.
- Place loose-raked leaves close to the edge of the street in the tree lawn, not in the street.
- Leaf piles should extend no further than two-three feet behind the curb.
- Do not place grass clippings, rocks, sticks or other objects in leaf piles – please continue to use the weekly yard waste collection service to dispose of other yard waste debris.
- Keep piles away from signposts, light poles, trees and mailboxes.
- Do not block storm sewers as this can increase the chance of flooding in the event of a heavy rain.
- Parked vehicles should be at least 15 feet away from either side of leaf piles so that collection crews have safe access to the leaves with their truck and leaf machine.
A Leaf Collection Tracking Map is available on the Leaf Collection section of our website, providing residents a means to follow the progress of collection crews in their area and anticipate when they are likely to be on their street.
Once the program has ended for the season, the following options are available for any leftover leaves:
- Place leaves in approved biodegradable bags or trash cans clearly marked as “Yard Waste” and put them out for collection on your regular Solid Waste collection day.
- Take bagged leaves to the Ohio Mulch yard waste facility at 4120 Roberts Road (bring proof of UA residency for free drop-off).
- Mulch leftover leaves into your lawn using your lawnmower – a process that feeds your lawn and helps minimize weeds – and leave leaves in landscaped beds as some cold weather protection for plants and insects.
Click here for full details of the City’s Leaf Collection Program.