The Human Resources Division is housed within the City Manager’s Office. The Office performs all personnel functions for the City, including but not limited to:
- Recruitment and Retention
- Benefits Administration
- Classification and Compensation Plans
- Training and Development
- Labor Negotiations
- Workers’ Compensation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Organizational Policies and Procedures
In this section, you will find details of any available positions at the City as they come available, as well as the necessary steps involved to apply for positions within our Fire and Police divisions. The City of Upper Arlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The City of Upper Arlington is seeking applications from qualified professionals for the position of City Manager. Ideal candidates will have outstanding interpersonal and communications skills plus a proven track…
The weather outside might be frightful, but the thoughts of warm summer days at the pool are quite delightful. Parks & Recreation has opened the application process for seasonal lifeguards…
At the end of September, Tracy Hahn retired from her role as Police Chief for the City of Upper Arlington, after a 25-year career in support of our community’s safety.…
The City of Upper Arlington is committed to providing superior services to all who live and work in the community. The work of the City is founded on:
- Responsible and Responsive Public Participation;
- Elected Leadership; and
- Professional Staffing.
The City strives to achieve its mission through innovative policies and programs which preserve and enhance the excellence of quality of life in Upper Arlington and which provide a base for enhancing the economic health and preserving the unique residential character of our community.
“Contendite Ductum” – Strive For Leadership
At the City of Upper Arlington, we believe our strength and success is directly tied to our shared values and goals, working in concert to better serve our residents. Our core values are as follows:
- TEAMWORK – We work together as a family, through collaboration, fellowship, mutual respect, dependability, support and compassion.
- INTEGRITY – We demonstrate trust, accountability, honesty, courtesy, professionalism and ethical behavior in all we do.
- SERVICE – We believe in superior service, to the community of Upper Arlington and to each other.
- LEADERSHIP – We recognize and embrace change as opportunity. We provide the tools to empower all members of our community to be the best they can be.
- COMMUNICATION – We practice open and truthful dialog, creating an environment in which ideas, support, accountability, questions, goals and knowledge are exchanged across our organization.
- GROWTH – We experiment with new ideas, learn from our experiences, share our knowledge and strive for continuous improvement.
- FUN – We celebrate each other and are dedicated to fostering and preserving a loyal, passionate, joyful community that aspires to achieving extraordinary results.
The City of Upper Arlington offers equal opportunity and equal consideration to all persons who seek employment with the City. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, gender, genetics, disability, and/or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons. It is the firm belief that our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy will be furthered in an environment of mutual trust where employees are encouraged to discuss their problems with members of management. As a City, we have pledged to pursue this policy and, as an employee, you will be expected to comply with this policy in every respect.
Police Division (14)
In public parks, dogs must be on a leash from 8 am to 8 pm during Daylight Savings Time and 8 am to 5 pm during Eastern Standard Time. At all other hours, dogs must still be under control by the owner. Additional responsible pet ownership guidelines can be found by linking to our Animal Control page.
Upper Arlington does not have an Animal Control officer. You can call the suggested numbers below for any issues.
- Franklin County Animal Control: 614-462-4360
- Capital Area Humane Society: 614-777-7387.
- Visit Animal & Wildlife Control regarding animal Laws and Lost pets.
Safety Town is coordinated by the Police Division, in cooperation with the Fire Division and Parks & Recreation Department. Program details can be found in the Spring/Summer Parks & Recreation catalog or by visiting the Police Division – Support Services Bureau section of our website.
For all City of Upper Arlington public record requests for Police or Mayor’s Court records, please visit Records Request – Police & Mayor’s Court on City Council – City Clerk web page. For Franklin County record requests you may visit www.fcmcclerk.com or www.fccourts.org.
I see a job posting for a Police Officer or Firefighter position but there is not an Apply button. How do I apply?
You do not apply for Police Officer and Firefighter positions through the City’s website. They both begin with scheduling a test with National Testing Network. The process to apply for a Police Officer or Firefighter is detailed in the posting.